Why Holmesdale House?
- Two consecutive years of being awarded South East England's Top 20 Care Home – this accolade was awarded to us due to the kind words received from friends and family of our residents.
- The Managers/Proprietors reside on the premises, our living area is above your bedroom, and your bedrooms are on a level floor with no steps.
- We at Holmesdale House eat with you and from time to time and we also personally cook for you, we take a great deal of pride in the quality of ingredients and dishes prepared.
- This is one Care Home that is odourless, your bedrooms along with the Home itself is deep cleaned weekly by Oakey's Professional Cleaners. Should anything require cleaning/sterilising during the week then this will be carried out immediately. We take great pride in our house and its appearance, therefore cleanliness is paramount.
- Encouragement is always given for your friends and relatives to visit Holmesdale House, there are three spacious seating areas, two lounges (one with large flat screen TV) and a spacious conservatory/summer house which is well lit with minimal clutter. Refreshments are provided free of charge to all visitors.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the whole house for all to share.
- Your bedrooms are fully furnished with light decoration, although you are most welcome to bring your own furniture should you wish. The bedrooms are equipped with an en-suite which includes a heated towel rail, mirrored bath cabinet and cupboard space. Each room also has a Freeview TV and a bedside lamp. Pictures of a room
- We have built great relationships with all the local GP's in the area, we can obtain a GP and required medicine within hours of its request, due to our personal relationship with our dispenser who takes her time out to get to know you personally by visiting the home regularly to do pampering sessions, as well as dispensing your medicines.
- Our carer to resident ratio is four carers to six residents. We as Managers are also available, should we be needed, there is no job to big or small.
- Your nominated person of contact will be emailed at the beginning of each month with a comprehensive update of your last month. This communication will cover aspects of your daily living, which will also cover how we as a Home are providing a solution to any need that has arisen and bought to our attention. Our main aim is to be as discreet as possible with any changes, making it as stress free as possible.
- In our experience of taking care of an ex-RAF pilot, Signaller for Dunkirk, Head Teacher, Past Rotarian Club Founders, Pilot for the Royal Family, Pro-Tennis Player, One of the founders of VAT and prominent WI members we have adopted new avenues and approaches to care. We have made the necessary adjustments using the knowledge wisely to develop our own skills and provide better care.
"Always a joy to visit Holmesdale House, small, beautiful, clean with a very happy atmosphere. Only six residents and the owners and lovely staff make up a happy family. Visitors who turn up tend to visit not just one resident, but all of them. Itinerant entertainers and Therapists join in the fun and the lively happy family feeling prevails. Residents are free to wander gently guided by unobtrusive staff. Always there to lend a helping hand. I have visited for 3 years and have never heard a complaint from anyone...long may they continue"
Mr Hall, November 2015
Holmesdale House Residential Care Home is a unique Care Home that has to be seen and experienced to be understood and believed. We invite you to become a member of our family at Holmesdale House.